rss
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Entering the calm

It is so hard to get back into the swing of blogging after a break. Especially as I reexamine my purpose in posting. Since this blog is to document my transition into the radical life, I feel like I should be recording my progress as such. However, despite an influx of new ideas and books into my life little has changed on a day to day basis. I wonder how long I can continue to harp on the problems of the day and pass along Day quotes before I become the clashing of cymbals. I have vented, as I needed to, especially in the beginning and now, does this blog offer anything of value to other Catholics, other Workers, other Christians, other humans or me?
Since the conception of The Next Worker, my purpose in life has become clear. That feeling in and of itself is very freeing. Should life throw me a curve, I still know where I stand. I feel rooted and secure. Free from the desire and uncertainty that plagues many. Perhaps, however, this is only calm before the storm.
So, for now, the infatuation is over. The thrill of the discovery is gone. I remember with fondness first reading 'On Pilgrimage' and having it all click and the giddy excitement.
I am still excited. From your end, you may be thinking I'm loosing interest and before long I'll have found another love. But the changes on my side of the screen that you can't see, radical ones, are happening. Just very slowly, and slow changes do not make for very interesting documentaries, or daily blog entries. In 25 years, this period, the calm, may well be forgotten. But for now, I'll enjoy it, as the hectic rut my life usually transforms into makes me long for such peace.
Blogging may be less frequent but meatier. A hearty bite to chew on for awhile. We shall see.

1 comments:

Nate Wildermuth said...

I'd love to hear stories about your life! :) still reading...